Sketchbooking Workshops at the Louvre Museum
The travel sketchbook is a literary and artistic genre you can use to express your creativity.
Develop your artistic eye while having fun and documenting your travels with this special tour from Panache Tours!
Learn to create a travel sketchbook in Paris, to create a great souvenir of your trip, or simply to learn how to enjoy everyday life differently.
2015 Calendar Dates: April 8, May 8, May 20, June 10, September 16, October 21, November 25
Time: 6:15 pm to 9:15 pm
Duration: 3 hours
Number of participants: 8 maximum
Location: Louvre Museum
Once or twice a month, on Wednesday nights, we visit a section of the Louvre Museum with a sketchbook and watercolors in hand:
- Meet at 6:15 pm inside the Museum. You will receive an email a few days before the workshop, with the location of the meeting place.
- The entrance ticket to the Museum is not included. It is possible to buy your ticket online in advance, or at the Museum’s ticket booths or vending machines. If you buy at the Museum, arrive a bit early as there is often a line to purchase tickets and get into the Museum.
- Authorized supplies in the Louvre Museum: A4 sketchpad; pencil; colored pencils; water-based felt pens; small watercolor box + water-filled brush; rag/wiping paper. Note: India ink, waterproof ink, and water jars are not authorized in the Museum! You can buy the supplies from the “Gift & Goodies“ section of the Museum’s website.
- The Louvre Museum lends us folding stools.
- The workshop is taught in French and English.
- Children and teenagers under 18 years old can join this course, provided an accompanying adult joins as well.