Ypres & Somme WWI Battlefields 2-Day Package Tour
2 days and 1 night (including driving time) in a 2-3* hotel in Ypres or Lille.
Sundays and Mondays.
When the First World War started in 1914, all the dominions of the British Commonwealth, including Canadians and Australians, were called to save Europe. Come with us to discover what happened during those troubled times.
Day 1: Departure from Paris
Departure from Paris. During this first day, you will discover part of the Western Front where hundreds of thousands of soldiers fought between 1914 and 1918. Ypres is particularly associated with commonwealth forces who were here continuously from October 1914 to the end of the war. By the time the last shells fell on Ypres in October 1918, the Salient had claimed 185,000 Commonwealth lives.
You’ll discover the Ypres Salient and its major sites: memorials, cemeteries and traces of battles, John McRae’s Essex Farm site; Langemark (German cemetery); Vancouver Corner (Canadian Memorial); and Tyne Cot cemetery (Passchendaele). You’ll walk the “moonscape” of the Hill 60 battlefield, and also spend time in Ypres itself, with the opportunity to visit St. George’s Chapel and the Menin Gate for the Last Post at 8pm. Enjoy dinner on your own at Ypres before the last post and then drive to Lille.
Spend the night in a 3-star hotel in Ypres in B&B accommodation based on double occupancy.
Day 2: Somme Battlefields Tour and Return to Paris
During this second day you will explore the Somme Battlefields and its major sites, including memorials, cemeteries and traces of battles: The Lochnagar Crater at La Boisselle, Pozière, Thiepval, Beaumont-Hamel site and the Newfoundland memorial, Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux, and the Historial in Péronne. Return to Paris end of the afternoon.
2016 Scheduled Departures from Paris:
March 6th and 7th
March 20th and 21th
April 3th and 4th
April 17th and 18th
May 8th and 9th
May 22th and 23th
June 5th and 6th
June 19th and 20th
July 3th and 4th
July 17nd and 18rd
July 31rd and August 1st
August 14th and 15th
August 28th and 29st
September 11th and 12th
September 25th and 26th
October 9th and 10th
October 23rd and 24th
Tour Pricing: 729 euros per person, double occupancy
- There is no guided tour inside any monuments or museums.
- Guaranteed departure minimum 2 people. Max 12 people.
- Package based on a minimum of 2 participants. Price is per person in a double room with 1 large bed or a twin room with 2 single beds. If you need single rooms please contact us.
The Ypres/Somme WWI Battlefields Tour package includes:
- Transportation from and to Paris in a comfortable air-conditioned minibus for 2 days (departures from our agency in Paris at 8:30am)
- Tolls fee
- English speaking guide services according to the above program
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel: 1 night, double occupancy
- Overnight guide / driver’s expenses
- Admissions to the Historial de Peronne
The package does not include:
- Any admission not mentioned
- Any meals and beverages
- Any personal expenses and gratuity